incurable problem.......now solved

S

sacha

A few months ago i was driving home when the car started drinking fuel, were talking 10 miles to £10, sounded like 3 cylinders, smoke from the exhaust so immediately stopped. Got home and parked it up, asked a few questions on here and went through the usual checks of intercooler in tact, no air pipes off etc etc.

On further investigation there were only 2 nuts out of the 5 holding the turbo elbow on and fuel was running out of there real fast. So, got all new gaskets from nissan and took the front end of the car off, bumper, intercooler, rad etc etc so i could get the manifold/turbo assembly off. Changed all the relevent gaskets (genuine nissan who were very very helpful (nissan at wakefield) think its harrets).

Built it all back up, but still the same, low idle, smoke out of the back, sounded like it was on 3 cylinders. Grrrr, this was a week off the road. Next up changed plugs leads etc, then did a fault code check and came up as code 11 so changed the dizzy and associated bits, cleared the code but car was still running the same, went out for 1/2 mile to see if it brought anything else up and did the fault code check procedure, came up code 12, so changed the air flow meter as i thought for sure thats what was causing the massive overfueling.......nope, not that either so im up to 1 month off the road. Had a mobile mechanic out who im sure was a gardener becuase he knew nothing about cars

Finally saved the pennies, phoned up DP motorsport and trailered the car over there. They found the problem was a knackered wire in the loom going to the second injector that had earthed out and the 2nd injector was flat out all the time, so 1 litre every 2 mins approx going through that cylinder :shock: :shock: :shock: Unbelievable how something so trivial that im sure you wouldnt expect caused me so much heartache.

Thumbs up to DP for sorting the car out and getting it running again, and also for building the front end back up even though they had to get quite a few snapped bolts out of the slam panel beam....but a big :evil: for leaving the car idling at 1800rpm bouncing to 1500rpm then back up and finding the ecu and wiring in the passenger footwell, oh and for fitting a bleed valve that i didnt ask for. Not what i would expect for a £650 bill. It makes me not want to take the car back there, but its obvious dave knows what hes doing and he seems a great chap :? anyone else any experience of DP as im looking for a few bits adding to the R and wondering who to use

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Me personally don't like DP... Few friends have been there and come back very unhappy...

They even built an engine where they didn't machine the pistons, knocked off the oil squirters, used the wrong screws, misscalculated the compression, didn't machine the liners in the centre, left one of the liners loose and used Locktight(super glue) to fix the lose liner in place... Needless to say that the engine didn't last long...

But then they do have 1 or 2 happy customers i think... Jason Gant and Luwi Roberts...

Rishi

D

deslynam

left one of the liners loose and used Locktight(super glue) to fix the lose liner in place... Needless to say that the engine didn't last long...
:eek: