installing wilwoods 4pots

abyss

can someone help how the hell am i ment to bolt the carrier to the hub if it has no threads.

i mean this part.

abyss

are they supplied by wilwood or do you just have to use your own. Anyone recommed a size and length of nut and bolt.

abyss

is it safe to use a nut and bolt as i got 8 screw with alan key heads but they dont fit they are to small. rally design said they supply it with all kits my hub isn't threaded and its the 285 kit. the bracket isn't threaded either and the nugget at rally design doesn't have a clue.

geoff pine

Give rallydesign a call thay maybe put the wrong screws in your kit mine was missing some parts they sent them out the next day .

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
There are eight alan key threaded screws that are to hold your calliper together (four for each calliper). There are also 4 other alan key screws that are to fix the calliper to the gold bracket. (two for each calliper.)

You should also have four other bolts & nuts that should hold the calliper and bracket to the wheel hub. (two each corner)

abyss

yeah got 8 allan key bolts but no nuts and bolts. Can you use any nut and bolts as i can get them my self its just incase you have to use special ones thats all.

stumo

If you do get some bolts, just make sure the bolts you use are a minimum spec of 8.8, if you use good cap head screws (allen bolts) then they are a min spec of 10.8 so you would be ok with them.

Use locknuts too, either K type or nylock type.(and don't forget washers)