Intermittent lack of power

Bart GTI-R

From cold my Gti-r will move nicely and even when its warmed up slightly its fine, and then i will go to put my foot down but its not really going anywhere but you can here it boosting,

can anyone help!!

A

Az

Hello :wink:

Pretty common problem with these cars I think... Mine does the same sometimes :roll:

Boosts nicely (can hear it and gauges show boost as normal) but seems to hold back. As said try a fault check :)

Mine was all clear so I'm gonna have a service done by a mate. Just waiting on PurpleMonster to send me a nice new Walbro fuel pump 8)

Bart GTI-R

I havnt done a fault code check as yet but will get round to it, it does boost nicelyand the gauge is reading ok. I checked under the bonnet and there is a slight crack in the rotor cap.

the car has got 12 motnhs warranty as i have only had it a few days so im going to have it booked in for a check over.

I

Innovate Performance

If you have a crack in the rotor cap i would change this as this can effect you spark.

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem, and i have done a fault code check with no probs with any sensor, I havent had time to look the car over. Best bet is to tke it to someone who can service the car for you, because it can be a number of things can can be wrong.

Carl.

Bart GTI-R

Thanks chaps, gonna service it in the week, get a new cap, leads and plugs do a fault check and while im at it i might as well fit a d,valve.

A

Az

Az said:
Hello :wink:

Pretty common problem with these cars I think... Mine does the same sometimes :roll:

Boosts nicely (can hear it and gauges show boost as normal) but seems to hold back. As said try a fault check :)

Mine was all clear so I'm gonna have a service done by a mate. Just waiting on PurpleMonster to send me a nice new Walbro fuel pump 8)
I had a new Walbro fuel pump fitted amongst a few other servicey things and now she's spot on 8) If your interested in an uprated Walbro fuel pump drop purplemonster a PM, he'll sort you out 8)