is it safe

nimhbk

New evo injectors 560, and z32 maf, is it safe to now drive approx 50 miles to get it mapped, or will i need to take the injectors and maf and fit them at the tunners.

thanks nick

KF79GTIR

One word answer to that is no plus you would probably use half a tank of fuel to get there it wouldnt be safe for your engine either, plus its only a 20 min job to fit the injectors and even less to change the Z32.

gtirjoey

No! dont even consider it mate, if you got breakdown on your insurance they will take you to required destinaition, so fit your bits then ring them saying its broken down! worked for me!

J

joshuaclark

Yea i want to do that to mate, Just wondered if i would have to do something to the R to make it look like it had broken down, or do they not really care. Think im with RAC if that makes i differance?

A

alana

9/10 times they won't even look over the car, They'll just ask you whats wrong with it. If you want to be safe just unplug a few bits!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
It won't even start without changing the ECU settings to accomodate for the Z32 MAF and 560cc Injectors..

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Just going from experience back when i did it.. The thing couldn't start until i'd amended some settings.. Think i was only changing out the injectors at the time so was massively rich..

I'd still wait until you arrive at the garage. It only takes 15mins to swap out the MAF and Injectors.. And at least you'd arrive there without any troubles...

nimhbk

i got 4 new evo 9 injectors, to say they are a snug fit is a understatement, i have visions of going down the road with the engine in flames when i get it going again.
they go about 5mm into the fuel rail and thats it, compared to the standard that go all the way

snoon

mine ran with the z32 on, only with MAf fault code, very smokey and wouldn't rev over 3k. It was already mapped to the bigger injectors though.

azboy

my mate drove his r with a standard ecu 700 cc injectors and z32 maf and it drove seprisingly ok , which did shock me as never thought it would, then edd mapped it and now perfect.

Fusion Ed

Strangely z32 and 700cc injectors kind of cancel each other out - enough that it would run better than you would expect. However nowhere even close to be good enough to leave it like that.