Is this Turbo any better than standard

J

jiw

Hi, i bought this turbo a while ago and fitted it to the R as my standard turbo had 4mm of endfloat on the shaft: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-002&Category_Code=GRT

after fitting the turbo i noticed it spools up very quickly, 1 Bar by 2800 rpm, i have not had chance to get the car on the rollers due to having an oil soaked clutch due to a dodgy rebuilt gearbox :cry:

i have just confused myself whilst looking at some turbo specs and comparing, help from those in the know would be greatly appreciated as it would hopefully put my mind to rest, please tell me i have not de-tuned my car :lol:

J

jiw

my main concern is the amount of air it flows, from the sound it flows a damn sight more than standard, what is the max power i should expect from this, i know it states 310bhp on the site but surely it must produce more than that as a normal run of the mill t28 does ,cheer's, jeff :wink:

S

Stoned

I heard it actually produces less power than a standard T28...

But the trade off was meant to be the faster spool up time.

Could be cr@p though

J

jiw

i was thinking less airflow on the chart i checked but the air inlet on the comp housing is slightly better and is more airflow freindly :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Just looked at the compressor map for you...

Peak Power will be - 315bhp @ 1.2bar

Looks like its capable of 301 @ 1bar

Hope that helps...

Rishi

J

jiw

Thats a great help, what is the capability of a standard t28 at these boost settings? cheer's, jeff :wink:

J

jiw

so after all my panic i have not detuned the car, or so i hope, soon tell in a few months when it goes on the rollers.

I think on from that difference between 1.0 and 1.2 bar reliability out weigh's power.

cheer's, jeff :wink: