Its just not running right....

5GTIR

I had a recent problem with my R, was kicking out black smoke and not idling or wanting to rev. After testing things I diagnosed the problem as an faulty AFM. I have now replaced this and the cars runs and revs and doesn't kick out black smoke but it just isn't running like normal.

Since I have fitted the new AFM it seems to be a little hesitant on throttle at times, particularly between 2200 and 3100rpm. Also when the car is warm its registering much more vacuum then normal. When off throttle the standard gauge is almost at its lowest point. I also think it might be over boosting as well, my dump valve also seems to sound very different with a much higher pitch sound. Also the exhaust fumes smell a little rich. Since I had the problem I have removed and cleaned all the plugs which where coked up.

One of my de-cat gaskets has just started blowing but I dont think it would have much relevence to the problems I'm experiencing. Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be? The only thing I can think is that maybe there is an air leak somewhere in the system, maybe the dump valve?. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :thumbsup: