janspeed 3inch V' s mongoose 'tried and tested'

Dooie Pop Pop

having found myself with a little time on my hands :roll: i am now booked in at power engineering for a power run at 10 am tomorrow.
am hoping on repeating the run with the janspeed front section later in the week, unless my slightly more sensible 3.5" inch tail section turns up before then that is...

first time cars been on the rollers (urrgh!) after watching a few peoples faces at pts when it was their cars on the rollers i dont feel too bad about being nervous :oops:

wanted to add. im gonna stuff the front section in the car and see if i can get em to fit it and do the run again that day. got my foot in the door booking the p' run. i might be able to swing it :wink:

keepin it puckered, stu

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
having found myself with a little time on my hands :roll: i am now booked in at power engineering for a power run at 10 am tomorrow.
am hoping on repeating the run with the janspeed front section later in the week, unless my slightly more sensible 3.5" inch tail section turns up before then that is...
It'll be interesting to see the results, but ultimately it would be more meaningful they were done on the same day :wink: There's alot of vairables that can change between 2 runs on 2 different days.

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
It'll be interesting to see the results, but ultimately it would be more meaningful they were done on the same day :wink: There's alot of vairables that can change between 2 runs on 2 different days.
any suggestions on how i can convince em to do it then?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just take it for the first run when you have all your bits and get them to swap them over and do the second run. I'd arrange this with them before hand tho :wink:

C

Crazy

Just to say lads while I was getting my car serviced at MotorTec a few weeks back the owner of the company Pete was getting the exhaust on his EVO 7 changed from 2 1/2 inch to a full 3 inch pipe from the down pipe back and after he had rolling roaded it he had actually lost 3 bhp but gained nearly 20lbs of torque and spooled up earlier :)

But he was then experienceing fuel cuts due to the new 3 inch pipe, he then lowered the boost a little and the car was then making the same power at 1.25bar as he was at 1.4 bar with the old exhaust :wink:

So hopefully it should have some good gains on the GTiR and then I will be purchasing one :twisted:

Now these are the types of threads I like 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

am sorry to say that p' e' couldn' t fit and run the car with the 3inch frontpipe :cry: but i did do my first ever rr power run with the goose :twisted: ..or should i say... :cry: am gonna post my graph in 'problems' and would really welcome some help :wink: i really need to get this sorted asap so i can get this pipe thing sorted :wink:

cheers, stu

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
what's wrong Stu?
just dont say m a f and i wont twitch :wink:

frontpipe went on today. not as easy as it looks with the tubby on. well chuffed to discover what i thought was a missing stud on the turbo/elbow join was actually a snapped stud in the exhaust housing :roll: one of the nice ones at the back :| pipes on but its blowing a bit so i cant even give an accurate idea on performance change. will say it didn' t sound any louder mated to the goose rear section though.
still waiting for my 3.5" tailpipe so the rears got to wait

stu