janspeed front pipe

nismoboy

Im having trouble removing the awkard bolt on the janspeed front pipe (the one thats right under the pipe). Whats the best tool to use to remove this? i cant get an open ended spanner or socket on it :? any help would be mucho appreciated.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Almost impossible with the turbo on he car I'm afraid :? .

You'll have to remove the exhaust manifold, turbo and front pipe in one lump. Then you might be able to get an open ended spanner to it. It isn't that bad a job actually, I got ot down to a fine art now and can get it all off in about one & a half hours.

When I assembled my front pipe and turbo off the car, I cut that particular stud right down so I could fit a nut on it when all assembled, that was the only way I could see it could be done easily.

nismoboy

stevepudney said:

You'll have to remove the exhaust manifold, turbo and front pipe in one lump. Then you might be able to get an open ended spanner to it. It isn't that bad a job actually, I got ot down to a fine art now and can get it all off in about one & a half hours.

When I assembled my front pipe and turbo off the car, I cut that particular stud right down so I could fit a nut on it when all assembled, that was the only way I could see it could be done easily.
ok mate thanks for that. :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

nismoboy said:
stevepudney said:

as long as that Steve! i am the janspeed MEISTER then :lol: after forgetting to fit the gasket i managed to get it on/off/on again in that time :lol: :(

as steve says, use a cut down stud and cut down a spanner too. that' ll help in the fiddely spots :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
nismoboy said:
stevepudney said:

as long as that Steve! i am the janspeed MEISTER then :lol: after forgetting to fit the gasket i managed to get it on/off/on again in that time :lol: :(

as steve says, use a cut down stud and cut down a spanner too. that' ll help in the fiddely spots :wink:
In that time I jack up the front of the car and put it on stands, take off the front anti roll bar, the lower 4 point Cusco brace, the front (round section) cross member, front grille, the radiator and fans, disconect the inlet & filter assembly and then set about removing the manifold, turbo and front pipe in one lump.

One of the reasons I assemble the turbo, Ex manifold and front pipe before it goes back on the car is so the dump pipe flange bolts can be done up really tight, as last time I was assembling it all ready to go on I discoverd the flange on the dump pipe was actually warped, so much so, even with 2 gaskets, it left a 12 thou gap between flange and turbine housing, it didn't make any difference how tight I did the bolts up the flange would not make a seal. In the end I had to machine the flange flat.

C

Crazy

Sorry to but in on the thread lads but Steve how do you manage to get the Cusco Lower 4 point brace on with the Janspeed front pipe cause I had to sell my Cusco 2 point brace cause it used to knock on the Mongoose front pipe, then I bought a Whiteline 4 point lower brace which also knocked on the Mongoose front pipe so I have not even bothered re-fitting it since I had the Janspeed front pipe fitted as it would defo knock/rattle on my exhaust??? :?:

Have you had it cut??? :?: