JANSPEED ON!!!!

Dooie Pop Pop

YEEEEY! only took an hr to get the old mongoose off and fit the 3 inch decat, centre and tail section on. hardest part was removing and refitting the tails.
it sounds absolutely superb on tick over with a real sweet gurgle, sounds very much like the mongoose but more like its older, bigger brother who' s nuts dropped yrs ago if you get me
the noisey resonating bit from 2250-3000 is still there but obviously lounder which is always handy for tailgaters :lol:
when you boot it :shock: jesuschristmotherfucker :lol: head turner aint the word for it :twisted: that raspy effect from the 3.5" tailsection is mental. 5inch slashcut would really be too much as far as im concerned. is sounds great from inside the car, i dread to think what' d be like from the car behinds point of view, not that i care :lol:
lots of popping and burbling on the overrun to. very nice :D
peformance wise is harder to judge tbh turbo' s on its last legs so till i get the new one on im trying to be good. it does feel better/smoother/better spool up but i reckon you' d need a dyno to give a clearer picture.
am well glad iv bought the whole thing now.

i left this pic large to show rubber mount. twisted the tail as fear round as i could to get it central. so i had to use the middle of the mount :wink:

spot the difference :lol: scuse the filth :oops:

front...

and centre :wink:

nice one janspeed :wink:

stu

T

Toady

looks like quite a nice system! :wink: can you get a vid on here to show all us goose owners what its like?

Dooie Pop Pop

Toady said:
looks like quite a nice system! :wink: can you get a vid on here to show all us goose owners what its like?
my camera does vids with sound 8) was gonna do one mate but i still aint got any where to host em :( is there anyone i can mail it too? and whats the biggest file i can send with wannapoo by email?

one of tickover with a few revs :twisted: and one on the road yes :p

stu

T

Toady

er dunno? i cant, but im sure someone on here can! anyone? :?

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: r

jonee said:
dooie the exhaust looks oh so 8)

well made by looks of it in the piccys :)

jonee
put it this way jonee, unless the noise police force me to take it off i shant be buying another. its very well made, the weld are neat, it went on easy and it lined up 90% central on the bumper cutout which was nice. i might be able to get it perfect but a new rubber mount' d probably be needed :wink:

stu

jonee

r

dooie surely it can't be that youv'e discoverd an exhaust that fits first time :D

were did you find this mythical beast :D :D

jonee

C

Crazy

Lads, my Janspeed 3 inch front pipe arrived yesterday and it is fully polished up 8) but no ones ever really going to see it so I was wondering if it would be worth me wrapping it in the exhaust heat wrap stuff??? :?:

C

Crazy

Thanks for replyig mate, will get it wrapped up before it goes on :wink:

Any wrap in pirticular to use or are they all O.K????

zia

can you purchase just the cat back from janspeed as rear/and center on mine has carroded?

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

Crazy said:
Thanks for replyig mate, will get it wrapped up before it goes on :wink:

Any wrap in pirticular to use or are they all O.K????
im gonna stick my neck out for some abuse and say they are all the same(woven fibreglass wrap) dont use the ally foil type as thats reflective not an insulator and will smoke like a bugger :lol: i got mine from here: http://www.proven-products.co.uk/products/cooltek.htm

zia said:
can you purchase just the cat back from janspeed as rear/and center on mine has carroded?

zia
cant see why not mate :) its all based on the same design, the de-cats the same length so no worries :p i was originally supplied with a 5"slashcut tail pipe but i returned that and got a 3.5inch tail section 8) Janspeed also remembered to put the clamp in with the tail section which i had sent direct , something Dan at pfx forgot :roll:

regards, stu

C

Crazy

Nice one 8)

I know I am going to need the Stainless steel Ties but what length wrap did you buy mate??? :?:

Dooie Pop Pop

Crazy said:
Nice one 8)

I know I am going to need the Stainless steel Ties but what length wrap did you buy mate??? :?:
when i did my old goose i used a whole ten meter length on the front pipe and stopped at the flexi, iv not had a chance to do the same for the janspeed yet iv just done the elbow :oops: it should help cut the underbonnet temps so you want good coverage.

im not 100% on this but iirc your meant to wet it before you put it on (distant memory :lol: ) if anything it' ll keep the fibreglass from fraying off for you to breath and get in your eyes :wink: as you work it round the exaust. i was too lazy to take it off and do it :lol: