just bought a pulsar;_)

doggydowg

Hello all

I just picked up my new pulsar its black has an ap organic clutch,full mongoose exhaust with de cat and a cone air filter. and apart from the wing having a dent in it very tidy both inside and out;-)

just drove it 185 mile home it drove without fault still had a quarter of a tank of fuel left too;-)

i have one quick question i did do some searching but couldnt find answer, on the std boost gauge it boost's to the end of the boost gauge and reads in some form other then bar or psi is this standard pressure or raised if the needles is reaching to the end of gauge?

there is no bleedvalve or ebc plumbd in so im assuming its running standard boost unless the rod has been wound out on actuator, all the pipework on boost circuit looks fine ie no leacks.

my next thing will be to find out what fuel pump it is running then get it set up to run a bar if its not already.

Braveheart

Congratulations Doggy!
Hope the car turns out to be a good one.
185 miles with fuel left sounds good to me. You must have been taking it easy with a light right foot.
The OE boost gauge scale is -0.7 to +0.7 (something) but you can call it bar.
Standard R is set to run +0.6 bar but if you change exhaust and induction you can gain a bit more boost. I can reach +0.7 bar but I would not expect it to bounce of the end-stop/scale.

There are a number of threads relating to fuel pumps and uprated fuel pumps... have a look and if you have any questions... fire away!
If you are not going to use and EBC then use a hybrid boost controller (Dawes device) as it does not spike much.

jameswrx2

If it's boosting higher than standard but boost control looks standard'ish then it could be that someone's done the '1 bar loop' (have a search)

doggydowg

i did manage to find a thread aparently end of gauge is 13.5 psi i know the std gauge's are not to acuret, i wish i hadnt sold my blitz dual ebc now.

where is the most acuret place to t into on the boost circuit so i can see how much boost the engine is actualy getting pics most welcome as i am not too clued up with gtirs.

thanks for replys Paul.

Braveheart

doggydowg said:
where is the most acuret place to t into on the boost circuit so i can see how much boost the engine is actualy getting pics most welcome as i am not too clued up with gtirs.
In lay-mans terms, there is a small plastic box sighted on the passenger side wing visable under bonnet. It has a vacuum hose going in and an electrical lead leaving to the OE electronic boost gauge. You can T off the vacuum hose to a manual boost gauge to read boost.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Braveheart said:
The OE boost gauge scale is -0.7 to +0.7 (something) but you can call it bar.
No you can't;-)

The something is mmHgx100 (millimeters of mercury). 1bar = 750mmHg. So 0.7 (700mmHg) on the gauge is 0.933Bar or 13.5psi.

doggydowg

thanks for replys is there a way i can tell if the car is running standard fuel pump or not ie part numbers on the fuel pump if so does anyone know the part number for standard item?

thanks

doggydowg

my eyes are getting sore from reading but i think i found answer, std pump golden and bigger then aftermarket one, and the wirering will be crimped inside the tank if a different pump has been fitted.

so now im going to fill up a jerry can drive untill fuel nearly out (have jerry can just incase) then have a butches and see whats going on inside the tank and take it from there.

as you can tell previouse owner did not have much info on the car, then il have to disconect battery and take ecu out and see if its uprated or not althoe it doesnt realy matter?

I only plan on running 2 stage boost circuit via dawes and an amal valve 1bar max 10psi low.

snoon

Do a fault code check as well just be sure you don't have any faulty sensors. Dead easy to do, look in how to guides. I had a faulty DET sensor on mine when i got it.

doggydowg

thanks do i need to buy a data cable and software to do date check thoe i have access to a laptop thats about it;_)

marcymarc

warringtonjack said:
Might be worth pointing out that a full tank of fuel is actually safer than a nearly empty one! ;)
might be worth pointing out that you shouldnt soak your arm in petrol.