Just fitted YellowStuff pads to my Willwoods...

...and I've got to say I'm impressed so far. I'm still bedding in, but initial cold bite is very good.

I had to get the discs skimmed by a local machinist and replace the pads anyway as this Willwood kit that I bought from Boucherie was absolutely fücked. The discs were 0.3mm warped and the pads were unevenly worn so that there was barely any contact from pad to disc.

Thanks, Ian, by the way. Nice of you to reply to my PM about that.</sarcasm> It's just cost me a bomb to make a reasonable set of brakes out of what you supplied. I might as well have bought new :evil:

Just as a FYI: GreenStuff, RedStuff & YellowStuff can be had for the Willwood Midilite caliper from Demon Tweeks at reasonable cost. They're not listed in the online shop though. The guy on the phone said that people have been rating the YellowStuff's higher than a lot of other pads of similar cost.

I'll update when I've given them some stick.

GTIR-LOZ

i used them on my wilwoods and was impressed also they have changed the pad materials and they are alot better than they used to be

gtirjoey

my wilwoods are fine work really well with yellow stuff in there (although never tried any other brands)

davey red.r

...and I've got to say I'm impressed so far. I'm still bedding in, but initial cold bite is very good.

I had to get the discs skimmed by a local machinist and replace the pads anyway as this Willwood kit that I bought from Boucherie was absolutely fücked. The discs were 0.3mm warped and the pads were unevenly worn so that there was barely any contact from pad to disc.

Thanks, Ian, by the way. Nice of you to reply to my PM about that.</sarcasm> It's just cost me a bomb to make a reasonable set of brakes out of what you supplied. I might as well have bought new :evil:

Just as a FYI: GreenStuff, RedStuff & YellowStuff can be had for the Willwood Midilite caliper from Demon Tweeks at reasonable cost. They're not listed in the online shop though. The guy on the phone said that people have been rating the YellowStuff's higher than a lot of other pads of similar cost.

I'll update when I've given them some stick.
agree 100% with you there, you should of been informed about the kit:x like you say would of been the same new, less the chew on youve had,
im thinking myself of yellowstuff in front, or mintex 1144s
keep us posted major;-)

davey

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I used them on track at Spa; they were spent after ¾ of the day on track. Backing pads damaged due to heat and the ¼ of brake pad was incinerated.

Good points: Soft compound, better for discs and cheap to buy.
Bad points: Poor grip qualities, compound too soft, can’t take much stick.

I do not rate them at all.

A little tip: any compound of brake pads can be made for any caliper as long as you have the backing plate.
Example: If you’re standard pads have been worn down to the plates, companies such as EBC, Mintex and CarboTech will re-pad them no problems. Also a little cheaper as they don’t need to cut new plates!

Mr GTiR

A little tip: any compound of brake pads can be made for any caliper as long as you have the backing plate.
Example: If you’re standard pads have been worn down to the plates, companies such as EBC, Mintex and CarboTech will re-pad them no problems. Also a little cheaper as they don’t need to cut new plates!
Cheers for that, i'll keep that in mind :thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
i run carbotech xp10`s. superb!
How do you find the XP10's, are they aggressive on the discs, how much grip/friction do they offer?

I've used the XP8's in the past and been happy with them on track. Given off quite a bit of dust and can be squeaky, but can't knock them overall!