just got this helix

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it definitely a Helix? It looks like Exedy to me because it's like the one that came out of my car, but that part number doesn't come up with any hits on Google. - Mine deinitely says "Helix" on it, but that may not mean anything if it's not quite the same clutch as the one you've got; it has a different number of springs (6 as opposed to 4) in the plate and the friction surface is different (mine is sort of smooth all the way around rather than grooved like that).

I'll look at my photos when I get home and see if I can find you one to show what I mean.

red reading

Helix are renamed daiken clutches same as Excedy is, daiken is the original manufacturer and there aftermarket section is called excedy. my helix looked the same as yours and the only thing it had to i,d it was a sticker on it saying helix (the sticker had a pink backing)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, that's why I was saying it might not be relevant. - There might be some significance to the number of springs in it (it probably means that mine is the softer version with a bit more give in it), but I can say for certain that both cover plates have a "D" for Daiken stampted in them.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
This what I'm on about:

That definitely says "HELIX", but it's got 6 springs which means the centre part is different too. - Cover plate looks the same
though.

This is the one that came out: