knocking from front end ???????????

A

alfyboy

have got a right loud knocking and rumbling from the front end, mostly on the n/s but still apparent on the o/s.
Im pretty sure its the top strut mounts as ive been all over it and can find anything.
I tried to get mounts from nissan but they said they dont sell them complete, you have to buy separate parts of the mount.
Just wondering if anyone knows wot part of the mount causes the noise, or am i better going for uprated mounts.
Sorry fir the big post :oops:

youngsyp

I'd go for uprated ones. They will probably be cheaper than Nissan OE parts anyway. I've just gone for some Cusco items after taking advise from other members on here. These are adjustable so, you can add negative camber for better handling. They also do non adjustable ones if that's more your bag ! You could get them from SRB or, get them from Japan from somewhere like Greenline or Taka Kaira etc...

As for what part will be causing the knocking, it will most likely be the bearing within the mounts, that has destroyed itself. Are you sure that it is the top mounts ? Pop the bonnet and lean up and down on the front cross member and listen to where the noise is coming from. When you think you've localised it, move to that side and again, rock the car up and down to confirm it :wink: Sorry if this is telling you how to suck eggs :oops:

Cheers

Paul

A

alfyboy

cant seem to get fixed top mounts but Tein adjustable mounts are £145 for the pair which sounds good.
Just wondering wot the veiws were about lowering an R, is there much problems, does it mess up the handling etc.
Thinking of doing it as the gap between my wheels and arch is a bit rediculous
P.S complete nissan top mounts are £125 each :shock: :shock: