knocking

GTIR1000

On way back from my mates garage today and came to a hill changed down let of the acceleration and a really loud knocking started from the left hand side down near the wheel is this a wheel bearing can they just go like this. It doesnt do it when i accelerate only when i let off, worse when i turn a corner and louder the slower i go and its really loud

red reading

Cv joint has failed at a educated guess from your discription, take it to a competent mechanic/mate and get it repaired/rebuilt or replaced. i expect the boot has failed and the grease has come out at least.

johnny gtir

if it is the boot there not cheap from nissan not sure about anybody else but johnsy had some sort of problems. i did with ones listed for pulsar/sunny and universal ones they did not have the rubber triangle shape in the middle like the nissan ones had two before i put the proper nissan one on then no problems

GTIR1000

so its an easy job to do yourself then aslong as you get the right boot. ill jack the car up in the morning get wheel of and have alook hopefully its come loose and i can grease it up and put it back on

olliecast

not a massive job mate, just make sure you got a big enough socket for the hub nut.
Can`t remember whether you have to take and of the wishbone / steering components off too. I think you do, so i`d always check tracking etc after

GTIR1000

Well Im a very very lucky man got up early to have a look at this only to see that as i was bending down to put he jack under i though hmm those wheel nuts look abit loose jacked the car up and low and behold they were almost of the whole wheel was wobbling could not believe it i must have forgot to tighten them fully the other day and they had worked loose what an idiot