laggy pick up

S

shaungtir

my R doesn't see to pick up that well anymore. it seems stuttery. passengers don't notice it but i do. initially i thought it might be the actuator but not i'm not too sure. it drives fine but the boost just doesn't seem to want to play properly. it should be 275 bhp but it's no where near that at the minute. plz help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Websnowbo

It could be so many things. Obviously check the obvious leads, plugs etc to make sure it just doesn't need a service but the best thing would be to get it on a rolling road.

You say it sould be 275bhp, what mods has it had done to produce that?

S

shaungtir

IT'S HAD CAMS, UPRATED CLUTCH AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT BOOST IT'S RUNNING BUT I KNOW IT'S NOT STANDARD, AS WELL AS THESE IT'S GOT A FULL MONGOOSE EXHAUST, BOV AND K&N. I'M FITTING A BOOST GAUGE AT THE WEEKEND SO I'LL FIND OUT THEN. THE PLUGS ARE BRAND SPANKERS AS ARE THE LEADS.

hmmm

At first my car used to pick up speed very fast with less lag. Now it still picks up but not as quick and there is slightly more lag. Similarly, passengers didnt notice the difference. I did the ECU check and the it showed fault code 3,4 which is the det sensor. The ECU retards the timing to 10 degrees if you have a faulty det sensor which in turn reduces pick up.

Have you tried the ECU check?

S

shaungtir

cheers fellas. i think i found the problem. when i got underneath to have a look at the turbo i noticed that one of the housing bolts was almost out, so i've tightened it. now it seems to pick up better. the only thing now is i'm getting steam from the turbo which i think is wd40 burning, HOPEFULLY. i've got my boost gauge in now and i'm running 11 psi. does anyone know what standard is. cheers lads :D

S

shaungtir

cheers mate. so how the hell can i be running 275 bhp with near enough standard boost :?