laptop for the car

dazzamac

my mate's bought a laptop, and basicall he wants to know what he's goto get so that he can view all the statistics (eg. bhp, nos output etc etc) on his laptop?

is there any special software or anything that's needed or any type of plugs

cheers

A

AndrewD

dazzamac said:
my mate's bought a laptop, and basicall he wants to know what he's goto get so that he can view all the statistics (eg. bhp, nos output etc etc) on his laptop?

cheers
depends on ur ecu, and if u have their proprietry software ($$$$$)

ShayneG

dazzamac said:

cheers
You mean you've bought a laptop and you want to know how to fire bombs, and flip the ejector seat ect :lol:

A

AJ4

I want the laptop software that repairs the blown engine and welds in a new floor pan so you can get away from the police :D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
AJ4 said:
I want the laptop software that repairs the blown engine and welds in a new floor pan so you can get away from the police :D
he just popped a bottle of wynns 'stop smoke' in it, worked a treat :wink:

not sure about the floorpan, but what was scary was you couldnt hear the engine running when they were chattin :lol: maybe vin was doing a flintstones

C

Crazy

:lol: :lol: :p

Leave him alone now lads, you have grilled him enough :lol:

Most mappable ECU's let you plug in a laptop to veiw its settings and stuff :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

you can buy the nissan consult sortware and cable off the internet mate :wink:
with the standard ecu you can:
data log in notepad,
reset the ecu without disconnecting the battery,
run diagnostics with an explanation of what the number means 8)
alter the base idle setting (iv not tried this tbh as mines fine :wink: )
do speed trials checks 0-60, 0-100 ect (assuming your running oe sized wheels that is 8)
plus a few other things i cant remember.
display mode shows 12 big blue dials reading things like: injector cycle, timing, throttle posistion, battery voltage, water temp, speed, oxygen, a/f ratio and air flow voltage.

too bling to be useful?

iv deleted the pics off my camera :roll: but if you look on ebay im sure you' ll fine some.

stu

A

AJ4

Ah, all very clever Stu, but does it display 'nos output' ?? eh eh ? :D:D:D

Dooie Pop Pop

AJ4 said:
Ah, all very clever Stu, but does it display 'nos output' ?? eh eh ? :D:D:D
:lol: :lol: no im afraid not mate :wink: :lol: you never know, he may even have a NOS setup in his car :mrgreen:

the most important thing to remember is that laptops are for passengers :wink:

dazzamac (?) an apexi multichecker will tell you bhp but tbh i dunno how reliable they are. if you look in the motorsport section of the demon teeks online catalogue you' ll find something that' ll cover most if not all of your needs :wink:

regards, stu