Last night's workshop shenanigans.

tomble

Bought the car for 1500 pounds, and it cost 11.5 to build for the previous owner believe it or not!

The plan is to sell the parts off and double the money and more (with any luck)

It was a 1.0 turbo conversion pushing out 123.5 bhp and just ran in. the owner lost interest and let it go for peanuts.

J

jpward

There was a cracking little 1.3 rally prepared one on fleecebay I seen would be great car for that engine!

But 1.3 bored to 1400 with T25 blower would be better going little brute

Fusion Ed

I spec'ed up and mapped a 1.4 K11 turbo running Omex ECU and a GT25R blower. Made 201bhp, 210lb/ft at 1. bar boost. Waiting for cams now and with a remap should see high 200s with a bit more boost.

J

jpward

Micra Ed said:
I spec'ed up and mapped a 1.4 K11 turbo running Omex ECU and a GT25R blower. Made 201bhp, 210lb/ft at 1. bar boost. Waiting for cams now and with a remap should see high 200s with a bit more boost.
That sounds like a whole lot of fun better than the R5T's or Uno's any day :thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

Its am amazing drive. So smooth totally oem feel to it. Stock cams are like 210deg or something daft hence why max power is made at 5500 rpm. It should really liven up when the new cams are on it and its had a remap. Its fully forged so is easily good for 300+ if the owner wanted to fit a larger turbo :)

J

jpward

Micra Ed said:
Its am amazing drive. So smooth totally oem feel to it. Stock cams are like 210deg or something daft hence why max power is made at 5500 rpm. It should really liven up when the new cams are on it and its had a remap. Its fully forged so is easily good for 300+ if the owner wanted to fit a larger turbo :)
Would there be much work getting a sr20de into the bay of say a k11?

Thought about making a track car which would be easy on the pocket :lol:

Fusion Ed

Its been done lots of times. Dave Bull had the best example. He seemed to do very well with it. I would have expected the car to be a bit front too heavy, but he appeared to love it. I wouldn't bother with a NA SR20 since its easier to get 150+ from the stock engine.