launch control

pete-r

as above ,looking for ideas to help me launch a bit better on quarter miles.not really sure what im looking for/what it does?any ideas?

MSD digital 6+ ignition can be used for this.

It has two stage rev limit.

And timing retard so you can build boost on the line.

I

Innovate Performance

Could go for a stand alone ECU,
Or i think racelogic do a lunch control system

ashills

just use the omex launch control costs about 100 quid from Demon tweeks
u set launch RPM and then as u pull away u have to flick a switch to go back to normal rev limiter
they also do a pedal mounted switch which makes it even easier

Keira

armtech do one aswell that has full throttle gear shift, also available from demon tweeks, ideally you want one that works by ignition not fuel cut :wink: think both the armtech and omex do

I

Innovate Performance

You really want a system that gives a dry spark (fuel cut), cause if the engine is running at high rpm and high temp you can ignite the fuel in the cylinder. You will never ignite just air in a cylinder.

By cutting the ignition you end up pumping fuel in to the exhust and then you shoot flames every where. :D Looks good, but the turbos dont like the excess heat that this produces. You can also blow the baffles out of you exhaust. :(

Most stand alone ECU give you the option of fuel cut or ignition cut, This is due to different people have different veiws.

Please take in to account that this is my own point of veiw and i know that some of you will not agree.