Leaking Oil :-(

G

GtiR kID

Hi guys im wondering if neone can help me on this one, i took my manifold and turbo off to change the two gaskets and then put everything back on.I now have a massive oil leak coming from the oil feed pipe that connects from the engine to the turbo, it leaking on the engine side, ive taken everything back off again :evil: and putt new washers on the bolt and tightened them back up as tight as u can get them and its still leaking??? Any Ideas??

Thanks

J

jiw

probably the pipe thats split, could be where the union is brazed on, new pipe im afraid....

Mike (ex-gtir) on here can get some good quality braided hoses at a good price, a lot easier to refit too.

Jeff :wink:

G

GtiR kID

I'm 100% sure the pipe hasnt split the oil is coming out from the bolt on the engine block. i tightened it really tight this time round but it still leaks a small amount. Is it best buying new bolt and washers from nissan and fitting them and see what happens?

G

GtiR kID

It's not cross threaded, i made sure of that wen i was inserting it. How tight does the bolt have to be until the bolt clicks? Thanks for the replys guys :D

Kev

O

Odin

You should be able to put the bolt in and do it up with your fingers :wink: and it shouldn't be done over tight :wink: .

rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
vpulsar said:
Well if it's been cross threaded your f^cked :cry: :cry:
As the bolt is steel and the block is $hit soft alloy.

Just take the bolt out and make sure there are 2 copper washers, one either side of the banjo union. If not then thats the problem.

If the washers are in place get some white kitchen tissue or bog roll and wipe the bolt round the thread, does the thread on the bolt look OK, are there any metal shards on the tissue. If the thread in the block is damged you should have tiny shards of Alloy on the tissue

If you have cross threaded the bolt in the block (very easy to do) and the thread in the block is damaged, your f>cked im afraid :cry:

As a side thought if you have damaged the thread on the block or bolt then consider where the oil, along with all the tiny metal fragments, in the tube is going, straight to the bearings in your turbo :cry:

Lets hope its the washers :shock:

J

justin666

Same problem on mine when i replaced my turbo. Turned out one of the copper washers had a tiny little knick in it and thats what caused the leak. A couple of new washers and a few hours later and no more oil leak :)

J..