Leaking Petrol...expensive?

maz

just noticed the car leaves a tiny little trail of petrol when i drive it out the drive way. and i could also smell the petrol quite strong inside the car recently. the petrol guage itself doesnt go down very quickly tho. i still get a decent MPG.

so is this an expensive problem to fix? cos im not very good at working with anything engine related...so id be taking it to the garage. just wondering what kind of cost to expect...any help guys?

thanks in advance.

/maz

GTIR-LOZ

its prob just a perished hose but its very very dangerous to have petrol leaking out of your car, i know ofd someones porshe who left a fuel leak and after a spirited run it caught fire as of the fuel and hot engine etc mix:shock:

Shaun

Hi mate,have you recently upgraded your fuel pump?Would pay you just to take off the tank cover in the boot and check the hose connections there.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the petrol line down the side of the fuel tank, I had one of those start leaking on me a few years back.

geoff pine

had this problem a couple of times ist a real pain if you take of the plate that covers the tank theres three pipes. the one nearest the back seat is just a short one and theres a j clip underthe boot floor that you will not see unless unless you undo the other two and move them to one side . replaced that short peice and fited new j clips to all the conections and at the moment its still leak free.