Licence plates???

91_GTi-R

is there anyone in the uk that makes persomal license plates i want to get one because mine is all gross and huge and i just wanna put it some where else. if someone knows of someone that makes them or how much or what the size of the origional uk plate
thanks for your help

Garef

I'm guessing your R is a Jap Import? If so are you wanting the Square plates for the rear and front?

91_GTi-R

mine is a jap import and i have my new brunswick one on there and thats fine i just wanted to get one for the front the real long one i was just wondering what size it was too

Garef

Some can be smaller than standard because it's an import and you can use motorcycle size letters on it, which is what I have. There is a small recess in the front bumper and my plate sits in there, perfect size. I can measure it if you want.

warringtonjack

Seek and ye shall find.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/displayofnumberplates.pdf

If you're too lazy to click it. Here's what it says.........

Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles (which have arestricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval AND
l The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number platesSpecifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)

Character Height 64mm
Character Width 44mm
Character Stroke 10mm
Space between characters 10mm

;)

91_GTi-R

Fire & skill said:
I dont know if this is any use to you but I've always used these guys: http://www.aplates.com/aplatesshop/
hey i checked out this site and looked at the plates and i got all the way to order and it wouldnt allow me to order plates and i messaged them with no reply im really looking to get a plate but i cant order them cause it wont let me someone please help thanks
alex