lights

lee lee

:cry: right umm i hope to god someone can help with this please,

all my lighting worked fine b4 i fitted a fmic and moved the batt but i only moved it for

- to l so turned it round basiclly, nehoot now i have main beam headlights and brake lights but no side lights or dash lights???:cry: :cry:

ive looked at the fuses and its blown the 10amp fuse so i put in a 15 then 20 and still the same so i decided to leave it as i dont want the car setting alight :lol:
its been like this for a few months now and as the nights are drawing closer now i need this sorting really:roll:
any help will be appreciated
many thanks lee:thumbsup:

Jonesy

lee lee said:
:cry: right umm i hope to god someone can help with this please,

all my lighting worked fine b4 i fitted a fmic and moved the batt but i only moved it for

- to l so turned it round basiclly, nehoot now i have main beam headlights and brake lights but no side lights or dash lights???:cry: :cry:

ive looked at the fuses and its blown the 10amp fuse so i put in a 15 then 20 and still the same so i decided to leave it as i dont want the car setting alight :lol:
its been like this for a few months now and as the nights are drawing closer now i need this sorting really:roll:
any help will be appreciated
many thanks lee:thumbsup:
Don't get what you mean here, sounds like you have a short somewhere, you must have disturbed the wiring fitting the fmic, have you checked all the wiring around the lights.
Also it isn't a very good idea fitting a higher rated fuse to cover up a fault.

lee lee

Jonesy said:
Don't get what you mean here, sounds like you have a short somewhere, you must have disturbed the wiring fitting the fmic, have you checked all the wiring around the lights.
Also it isn't a very good idea fitting a higher rated fuse to cover up a fault.

ya i know mate thats why i stopped at 20amp as i didnt want to bugger it up,
yes i rang an place called auto sparks and they said it sounds like a short, but they said ur looking £150-£200 just to start looing at it:cry: so though i whould ask on here first:? what sort of wire/colour should i be looking for? as i said i havent touched any other wiring just moved the batt and one of the earths i think

Jonesy

Do you have a manual. Find out what fuse is blowing get the circuit drawings to see what circuits the fuse feeds, then check each one. Where are you located would probably be easier if someone came round for a look. I could have a look at my manual later but at work the now. The fact that its just happened after fitting the fmic, i would re-trace your steps, must have upset somthing.

Jonesy

Forgot to say if possible unplugging each circuit and plugging them in one by one untill the fuse blows will help narrow it down.

Jonesy

I dont think a bad earth would blow a fuse, just what ever the earth was for wouldnt work properly.

lee lee

thanks everybody for all your help and suggestions,but I droped it off to mate who used to work with car electrics and he solved it within An hour :) it was I wire that is connected to the fag lighter that had burnt or something so was creating a short,so all fixed and cost me £20 :) happy days

Thanks again tho guys

Jonesy

Good news, i had the same problem with my cav, but only when you used the fag lighter, used to take the fuel gauge out with it aswell.