Limits when accelerating!

A

adamGTI-R

Hi guys, on acceleration my R is getting to around 5000RPM in mainly first second and third gear, and then what can only be described as limting! The power does not increase and it makes a noise similar to that of a limiter. I have owned the car for 3 weeks and this is the first time it's done it. I know it's due an oil change if that would make any difference!? The car is also still fitted with it's factory limiter but i am not getting close to the speed for the limiter to kick in. All guages are reading fine and boost comes on like normal till around 5000RPM. Any ideas or suggetions would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers guys. Adam.

turbodaily

first thing to check is your plugs, then the leads. dizzy cap and rotor arm.

also if your running a front mount intercooler it could just be waters got in no.1 spark plug hole, as this is very common

A

adamGTI-R

ok cheers for that, now you come to mention it, i jet washed my car before leaving work today whilst the engine was running and i have a front mount. if prob still persists then i'll check the other items. cheers for the help.

nitrosgti-r

check your fuel pump!! its prob on its way out. get a walbro 255, do a search on here ;)

Or make sure its over half a tank full of fuel. strongly recomend you get a new fuel pump tho

dumpstar85

i had the exact same problem with mine a few weeks ago, i changed the fuel regulator, dizzy, dizzy arm, leads, plugs, fuel filter and then realised it was the coil pack.. even though it was the coil pack that was the problem, after checking the other replaced parts i realised they were in serious need of a change anyway.

Hope that helps