Looking to buy a Pulsar

S

Si_MR2turbo

Hi guys,

im from the world of the MR2 Turbo and am looking to get a GTiR, have test driven some of them before and they are fantasic cars, only down side is i know ver little about them and only have a budget of £3k to get one there are some on autotrader or £2.5 to £3k but im not sure if this means they are in bad shape,

thought i would ask the experts!

also what are the weaknesses on the GTiR, pretty much everyone i talk to says the gearboxes are the first to go on them.

any advice would be great thanks

Si :D

P

pyrotecnic

If you are looking to buy one I personally would buy one of here cause you know they would of been looked after. I bought mine about a year ago and didnt really hunt around enough. Have now spent alot of money on just the bodywork getting it up to stratch. Look in the cars for sale Im sure you will find something.

Hill_Billy

the gear boxs are not as bad as all the talk...

unless you

a/ change gear like a fanny

b/ you name is rishi and are going to "try" and put 13,000bhp through it.

S

Si_MR2turbo

lol no i dont change gear like my nan lol

thanks for the help, will head over to the sale section.

Si

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Hill_Billy said:

unless you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least i'm going to do it using my Quaife Box...

Rishi

Hill_Billy

RishiGTiR said:
Hill_Billy said:

unless you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least i'm going to do it using my Quaife Box...

Rishi
Vpulsar says you'll have the worlds 10feet car then it'll "pop"

:p

i have faith in you but

Dooie Pop Pop

3k budget? you' ll have to bide your time time and grab a bargin from a desperate soul :wink:

usually the first thing to seriously break in a pulsar is the owner :wink:

abyss

sorry mate but for 3K you really are buying a shiter i did and i have spent about double on repairing the fucked up jobs done on the car. Best save you money and get one around the 5k mark if i had to do it again i would and im still thinking of buying a new one next year and breaking this fucker for parts.

O

Odin

abyss said:
sorry mate but for 3K you really are buying a shiter i did and i have spent about double on repairing the broken up jobs done on the car. Best save you money and get one around the 5k mark if i had to do it again i would and im still thinking of buying a new one next year and breaking this idiot for parts.

I'm sorry you learned the hard way matey :cry: , This is what happens when people don't listen to what the other members tell them :roll: .

You buy cheap you end up with a whole lot of trouble with Gti-R's :cry:.

rob

ChrisS

You buy cheap you end up with a whole lot of trouble with Gti-R's
But if you try and sell a decent one for a decent price you just get a load of muppets telling you they can get a mint one with full forged internals, front mount etc for 3k :?

I paid 8k for my first one 6+ yrs ago, but at the time r's were few and far between. Theres plenty of info on the site so your clued up enough to spot a decent one.

boucherie

Si_MR2turbo said:
also what are the weaknesses on the GTiR, pretty much everyone i talk to says the gearboxes are the first to go on them.
I think that you might be able to pick up a reasonable R for around the £4k mark (is the ninja tune R still for sale :?: ) but as for weaknesses id say the first thing to upgrade if not already done is the brakes, cos theres no point in spending cash on the engine etc if u cant stop the fecker :shock: :!: