Low Clutch Biting Point

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I know this has been covered before :roll: , but can anyone offer any tips / help /advice for raising the biting point from near the floor :?:

I've seen the post re: bleeding the slave cylinder, but have also read posts where that has had no effect ( and that the job can be a b*tch to do )
I also tried to get to the rod on the back of the clutch pedal ( to adjust it in / out in an attempt to raise the biting point ), but the steering column and a lump of metal shaped like a half circular collar prevented me getting my grips / pliers in there. :cry:

Can anyone help as i'm starting to go outta my mind :!:

Thanks in advance :D

A

AJ4

Check that your pedal box isn't broken - they usually snap at the top and the whole box slowly folds towards the floor giving a low biting point.

Probably not it, but worth a look. Try grabbing the pedal and pulling it back up, see if it moves.

donpulsar

Hey Ross,

Cheers for the tip - checked the pedals ; there's a little bit of sideway movement on the clutch pedal but no upward movement past where it stops level with the brake.

Any other ideas anyone :?:

S

Stoned

new master cylinder?

I found on my old car when my break cylinder was going the brake bite power was lower and lower. A new brake master cylinder solved it right away and bite was back at the top

donpulsar

Thanks for all your help fellas, got it sorted by adjusting the rod at the back of the clutch pedal - works like a dream now ( it's like driving a different car :!: )

Does anyone have a picture of a clutch pedal bracket ( fitted or unfitted :?: ) as I'm wanting to see if I need to get one ( my R is a 1994 L so I'm guessing there's one there already :?: )

Cheers :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If you have side to side movement in the pedal assembly them you ain't got one, I wouldn't rely on the fact it's a late model.