lowest gtir

huu-raa

right coilovers are on tomoz hopefully just looking for the lowest gtir so see wot it looks like
so post up your pics and wots set up your running an how far down it is !!

gtirneil

Proper chavvy thing to do that matey, not to mention putting driveshafts and parts at shit angles, drop it 40mm and it will look nice aswell as handle good

Ricky_GTi-R

gtirneil said:
Proper chavvy thing to do that matey, not to mention putting driveshafts and parts at shit angles, drop it 40mm and it will look nice aswell as handle good
Nah nah, 60mm8) Look at my gallery of my old grey R:thumbsup:

gtirneil

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Nah nah, 60mm8) Look at my gallery of my old grey R:thumbsup:
Why not just deck the ****er on airbags, throw some 22s on and loose all feeling that the R ever had haha

Ricky_GTi-R

gtirneil said:
Why not just deck the ****er on airbags, throw some 22s on and loose all feeling that the R ever had haha
My grey R handled as good as any other car i have ever driven mate, the 60mm drop (atleast i reckon) never affected its handling, dont knock its capabilities until you have pushed them:roll:

huu-raa

my turbo civic was down 90mm n i had to watch that for the fmic and downpipe the gtir aint goin anywhere near as low so i aint a chavy thing to do ;-)

just looking for pics of peoples set ups and how low are they looking aat 60mm rear and 50mm front at the moment

Ricky_GTi-R

huu-raa said:
my turbo civic was down 90mm n i had to watch that for the fmic and downpipe the gtir aint goin anywhere near as low so i aint a chavy thing to do ;-)

just looking for pics of peoples set ups and how low are they looking aat 60mm rear and 50mm front at the moment
Tubby Civic:doh: My lips are sealed:lol:

As i said look at my gallery and check my grey R, that was 60mm drop all round IIRC8)

Ricky

huu-raa

looks good ricky was it ok driving around town ect at that height?

yup egvti civic turbo tial external wastegate /T3/T4 hybrid lol ahhh miss it now lol

Ricky_GTi-R

huu-raa said:
looks good ricky was it ok driving around town ect at that height?

yup egvti civic turbo tial external wastegate /T3/T4 hybrid lol ahhh miss it now lol
Stop it you FWD gay haha:doh:

TBH it was abit of a **** around the town, ecspecially in my area where the speed bumps are like multi storeys, but was worth it IMO as it looked the nuts8) Was also good on the twistys, and would have been good on the track i reckon, just never got the chance to find out as i sold it too quick:doh:

Ricky

Ricky_GTi-R

huu-raa said:
lol cool thanks for the info

defo had a good stance
Yeah looked awesome, but it comes down to how practical you want your car to be, and how big the fekin speed bumps are in your area:lol:

Good luck on deciding anyway8)

Ricky

Braveheart

oh my.... you might want to put arches on that too and call it a hot rod! I think a rally car should have ground clearance.

Ricky_GTi-R

Braveheart said:
oh my.... you might want to put arches on that too and call it a hot rod! I think a rally car should have ground clearance.
Eh yeah okay, it had good ground clearance for where it mattered mate, when was the last time you battered your car around a rally course??? Think you will find most GTi-R's nowadays are either used as fast road or track cars:lol:

Braveheart

Personally, for a car used on todays roads, I think you restrict where and what you can do if it's hung low... For a track car, lowered will give you better stability.
I have to travel 15 miles along a single track road to get to my house. The road is very swisty, lots of small humps and plenty of pot holes to avoid. Sometimes it gets flooded and the only way home then is through the forestry tracks.... if I ran my R lowered I would be completely stuffed. I bottom out on the speed pumps at Braehead shopping center.

GTiR_Mic

Yeah but you were limitted to how much boost you could run as it was std internals wasn't it ;)

Mine is low and I mean low on Leda Coilovers, just see the 4 point brace I had under it. I hit a bump and buckled it and it wouldn't go into gear :lol: :lol:

Mic

O

Odin

You can't get any lower than the belly scraping Amoeba who drives one of these dropped to the weeds chav wagons :der: :roll: .

Rob ;-)