Magnex?

D

damien4uuk

At the mo my exhaust is standard, I know you all recomend mongoose but what are the others like? I was looking at the magnex full sys for 250 whats it like?

A

Anonymous

i used to have one on my r5gtt and it was the dogs but not sure what they are like on the GTIR as have only had mine a couple of weeks so tryting to get used to it :?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I wouldn't get a Magnex Exhaust for the Pulsar, they are still making them at the moment but they are going to be discontinued in the early part of 2005 so spare parts will be unavailable.

I would stick with the goose as a budget alternative system.

S

stomski

chrisniss91 said:
Anyone got an opinion on scorpion exhausts :?: LOud or quiet :?:
i had a scorpion on my 1st R, on the quiet side, but looked quite good.

1st R - scorpion
2nd R - goose :twisted:
3rd R - Nismo

W

WRW76

i got a brand new magnex full system off ebay 2 weeks ago for £100.its stainless with a lifetime guarantee so you wont need spare parts for it.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What, would that be a "Lifetime Guarantee" like the Mongoose "Lifetime Guarantee" which isn't worth a s h i t as they won't replace any parts even if it does go rusty, start rattling, split or the flexi rust through and start blowing.

I think it was Jon off here had a magnex system and one of the rear baffle hangers broke off (becuase it went rusty), he complained and was told a load of crap and basically had to buy a replacement as he had no other options.
I would be prepared to bet the Magnex system is not all stainless or tig welded, but still great value at £100 and should last a year or two. :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No, why have you lost one??

No, honestly though they just really f u c k e d me off when I approched them and asked them why certain parts were made from Mild steel and had gone rusty, they basically told me the warranty wasn't worth a jot. It was there atitude that really got me, it was like, well it only cost you £350 or whatever, what do you expect.

D

damien4uuk

well i will only be expecting to keep it on for a year or so, So the rust aspect does'nt really bother me, But what are they like performance wise?
Are they quiet, loud? And will it pose a prob running at 1.4 bar?