Maintenance before rolling road session

S

Stoned

I'm going to book a rolling road session quite soon and I'm thinking of doing some basic maintenance before I go to help with some stuttering I’ve had lately.

I've been reading through various posts and it seems to me some basics should be to replace

Dizzy cap & rotor arm - how much are these from Nissan?
Also how long should they last because mine are only a few years old and done about 20,000 miles in that time.

Clean the MAF sensor

Also should I buy new spark leads and should I use Nissan items?

Cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The main thing to check is that all your fluid levels are OK, your tyre pressures are OK and if it's just for a power run, that it's running OK. (N/A if it's a fault finding run)

A

alfyboy

Stoned said:
Clean the MAF sensor
i wouldnt try to clean the MAF mate, they are very brittel and will most likly break.
not cheap to replace from nissan either

antgtir

alfyboy said:
Stoned said:
Clean the MAF sensor
i wouldnt try to clean the MAF mate, they are very brittel and will most likly break.
not cheap to replace from nissan either
Id agree, id check the earth for the MAF though as per the guidelines.

If you haven't done anything with the rotor arm, dizzy cap, spark plugs and leads id change them and go from there. If you are running standard boost then get the standard plugs, if not then you will need colder plugs :wink:

I would defo recommend you go for the Nissan leads and rotor arm and dizzy cap and plugs if you are at standard boost as these i find are a much higher quality than any other after market set. :wink:

I changed the above on mine when i was getting a bit of hesitancy and it got rid of it straight away.

Ant.

S

Stoned

Cheers guys, I changed the cap, arm and leads and she's purring again. :D