Major MAF Problem?

A

Anonymous

Help!

Is it important to have the MAF sensor fitted in the factory orientation?. Have any of you done anything to the earth side of the wiring?

Mine is playing up i think. If i drive and any speed, or at any rpm over 2,000 and put my foot on the clutch, the idle dips down to almost stalling, then it will go to normal. The blow off valve seems to be adjusted and working fine, other things that make me think its the maf, is my thermo fans go on, and stay on until i disturb the airbox (custom made to cover pod filter) by "tapping" it, while the fans are running it seems as though the car is using alot of fuel as well?.

Any suggestions?

geeTeyeR

M

memski

How does it idle when stationary? Mine was idling like crap when I had a maf problem, would almost stall. The dipping clutch thing could be a bov problem, have you tried the stock recirc just to be 100% sure? I'm sure a faulty lamda sensor could cause increased fuel consumption too and poor running too...

You mentioned standard orientation, what have you done to modify the airfilter/box? I moved mine behind the headlight and had to lengthen the maf wiring so it could reach. There is a way of testing the grounding with a multimeter, have a search on the forum for maf regrounding so you can get an idea of the voltage ranges for a good working maf unit. Will paste it up if I find it.

gtirpulsar

Is the MAF plug properly pushed in the socket, and all terminals clean?

If the MAF plug isn't connected it won't go over 2500rpm (bounces off this limit)
If you've blown an intercooler hose off then it will struggle to get over 2000 and will not bounce off a limit, it will just stall