maxima 80mm afm

P

pulsarboby

maxima 80mm afm help please!

am thinking of uprating my afm to one of these maxima 80mm jobbies!has anyone fitted one? and are they as good as the z32 afm?i know nothing about this upgrade whatsoever, so any advice or help would be much appreciated cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

dont know aj? saw it advertised on ebay and it said maxima 80mm afm! do you know anything about Q45 perhaps hes made a mistake!

A

AJ4

The Q45 is the 90mm one ( same as the Infinity one ? ). Basically its the same as the Z32 but a larger bore ( 90mm instead of 80mm ). Maybe there is an 80mm one for the Maxima as well, dont know.

Anyway, the 90mm one is a bit overkill unless you change your inlet to 3 inch piping all over. The Z32 is fine for 2.5 inch pipes.

Some people say the Q45 has a 'limited resolution' but I'm not sure they understand what they're talking about ;)

IIRC, the Z32 has a 4 or 5 pin connector and the Q45 has a 3 pin, you might be able to tell from the picture on ebay which one it really is.

P

pulsarboby

thanks aj have sent him a message to try and find out exactly what it is!

P

pulsarboby

right, have contacted the bloke whos selling it and he said its a 5 pin but you only need to use 3?
can you shed some light on this one aj! or anybody as im really confused, dont wanna get it if its not gonna be any good!

A

AJ4

It sounds like its an 80mm one then, its not a Q45 or a Z32. I'm pretty sure ( and from looking at Steves diagram ) that the Z32 is only 4 pins, and I know the Q45 only has 3, so it looks like its something else.... Maybe the Maxima had its own special AFM then, I dont know :(

P

pulsarboby

thanks all! think i will leave well alone unless someone knows how to wire it, could be aggro!

Not only will you need to wire it up, but you'll also need to convert its signal to something the Pulsar ECU will understand (unless you're running an aftermarket ECU of course).

If not, an S-AFC or S-AFC II will do this. I had one set up to run a Q45 on my old Ivory Pulsar.

boucherie

hi mate i did a bit of research on these a while back and from what i found chatting to a few people in the states and stuff these maxima mafs are wired up in exactly the same way as the z32's. it could be that when the bloke said about only using 3pins he meant combining the 2 earths together as in steves picture?

im sure i had a couple of pics somewhere of the actual plug so il dig it out and upload it for you if you want?