me again .. "waste gate's"

S

S.J

heya .. again

I've been told by a garage (that rip you off alot) that the reason for my lack of power is because a "waste gate" is "playing up" .. is this a money making scheme? haha .. I've never come across a waste gate before ,., if it is .. is it easy to fix? purchase? .. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

cheers. :cry:

LOU ROB

S.J said:
heya .. again

I've been told by a garage (that rip you off alot) that the reason for my lack of power is because a "waste gate" is "playing up" .. is this a money making scheme? haha .. I've never come across a waste gate before ,., if it is .. is it easy to fix? purchase? .. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

cheers. :cry:
The shaft between the wastegate arm and the penny valve in the turbo wears over time and causes the penny valve to not seal or sit in it's position,causing the gases to escape slightly which means your turbo won't spool up and hold peak boost as it should do.

L

Little Miss Road Rage

How did the garage come to the conclusion that the wastegate was gone? What boost are u making?

MarkTurbo

Is it not holding boost then? If it isnt its usually down to the actuator being a bit 'tired' :wink:

Its a bitch to change though :wink: :(

LOU ROB

MarkTurbo said:
Is it not holding boost then? If it isnt its usually down to the actuator being a bit 'tired' :wink:

Its a b***h to change though :wink: :(
From a money point of view, hope that it is the actuator and not a worn or burn't out penny valve :wink: