methanol

P

powerfreack

has anybody ever run methanol on a gtir and what do you think ?

yes i know its not road legeal but just a idea as some of the top cars run good times on this and have done for the past few years

thanks

Dooie Pop Pop

you can run 50/50 water methanol with an injection kit. who' s to know if its 100% or 50%?;-)

as for 100% methanol:shock:lol

P

powerfreack

thanks for your reply as anybody ever used it on a gti-r that you know of

rc develoments use this stuff in there evo at totb and other events with good results so just got me thinking

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well isn't Methanol around the 130RON mark...? Just means you can run a load of advance for all that extra power and torque... Methanol is also cooler so helps to keep temps stable... You will also need larger injectors... Maybe even 8 as you will need to use more Methanol than you would normal fuel...

Rishi

P

powerfreack

hi rishi i think its around 120-130ron

i was just curious as most of these big powerd cars seam to be using

is it manily just to get more power out of it without any det acuring and stuff

i havent looked into detail about it just wonderd if anybody was using this stuff on a pulsar

thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
No one is using it just yet... I know of one person who is considering it...

Really only for drag racing... Not much point in any other situation as you go through that much that quickly...

Rishi

P

powerfreack

thanks rishi

its defenetliy to extreme and costly for road use but will be intresting to see the results if your freind does if he decide to use it

thanks

N

Ninja_tune_factory

one think with Methanol is after using it u need to dran all the left over Methanol from the susterm as it will
perish fuel lines etc

Lionel.

P

powerfreack

yep you have to have all a diffrent fuel setup to run this stuff

theres a few more ponies that can be squezed out with it but its just all the pissing about after

A

AJ4

powerfreack said:
theres a few more ponies that can be squezed out with it but its just all the pissing about after

98 ron fuel = 300 bhp
130 ron fuel = 600 bhp

bit more than a 'few' ;) :lol: