mines ecu

mattytappy

heh lads and lasses...can anyone tell me the differnce between a standard ecu and a mines one:oops: dont really know and i tried doing a search to try and find out but with little sucsess...ie are they worth having as a short term (cheap)stop gap before a full stand alone upgrade....what benefits would i see on standard internals and a front mount,uprated fuel pump,hks 8 irridium spark plugs,mong exhaust with de-cat pipe,groupbuy turbo elbow,safc2,standard maf with home made straght induction pipe with hks mushroom filter:roll:

P

pulsarboby

just sold one to a local lad whos running virtually the same setup as you.
literally just got off the phone to him and he reckons the car feels completely different, a lot more torquey and snappier throttle response, right through the rev range.

think a majority of the mines units are mapped to either 1.1 or 1.2 bar with ignition aswell, which in a way makes them far better than a safc unit, as that will not adjust and monitor ignition settings.

i never even drove the car it was taken off, so was a bit hit n miss, but the fellas over the moon with it!

no idea what gains on the rollers will be though.

mattytappy

;-) nice one bob....havent got any more just floating about in that aladins cave of yours have you...might be interested if i keep getting some good feedback on this thread....i did see you selling one hence my question;-) so in theory fitting one, could i keep my safc to control; say a z32 maf plus some bigger injectors whilst using a mines ecu.....only ask as ive got a roller bearing turbo and dare i say it a 2fast2cool :oops: manifold which ive messed about with to go on...just trying to get the most bang for my buck;-) hence why i got married..then found out that its was more expesive than paying fot it:lol:

P

pulsarboby

will have one more due in shortly matt, but tbh if your thinking of fitting a z32 and bigger injectors, along with the safc unit then i think your wasting your money, as these are only mapped to around 1.2bar, and no doubt you will be running more than that with the goodies you have just mentioned.
im not a tuner but i guess that the safc unit will be redundant and un-needed should you fit a mines, as its a stand alone replacement ecu!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
They also up the rev limit to 8000rpm.. that or 80,000rpm.. Some were miss programed!

mattytappy

cheers boby....pm me with the price for that ecu;-) might just have it any way just to see what the crack is with them:p i was just thinking of the mines adjusting the ignition as like you say the safc cant adjust that and then the safc doing all the work on the fueling front so i can run say 1.2 1.3 ish fairly safely on standard internals...to be honest my safc isnt set up properly yet and at the moment ive not been impressed with it as of yet, but that may change when i can get someone who knows what they are doing to set it up correctly for me;-) anyone else run one of these mines ecu or are running one currently...what do you think and what results have you seen or have had proven on them:roll: ?

mattytappy

:lol: lol 80,000 that would be interesting...might just have to have a go at that...was planning a rebuild soon anyhow...lol;-)