Mintex or Pagid pads good on EBC discs?

hmmm

Ok ... bought some blueprint pads a few weeks ago and got them installed by someone. After nearly killing myself :( cos the pads are so useless at high speeds :evil: , I have decided to get different ones.

Does anyone know or have expreince if Mintex or Pagid pads are any good on EBC grooved discs? or should i go for greensuff as they are apparently good with EBC discs?

Thanks

geetee

Do you mean Bluestuff pads?? Not surprised you nearly topped yourself with those on - they are not legal for road use but only for endurance racing... they are hard as fook... ie they don't slow you down.

I've got Redstuff on my fronts and once they are warm (read that as they are shit cold - really shit) they are good but they are wearing sooo fast it's silly.

Common feeling is that the EBC discs are total pants. Get a big disk conversion as soon as.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

kyepan

avoid any ebc brake material..as it seems to last five minutes and perform badly.

pagids and mintex m1144 are comparible, pagids are cheeper. there is a good thread on this subject not so long ago.

hmmm

I meant blue print pads. These were recommened to me my various motor factors. Someone did tell me that these didn't perform well with EBC discs. So i was wondering if Pagid or Mintex would perform well with EBC discs...?

Just need a quick replacement for the time and will get a brake conversion later on.

Thanks

kyepan

oh rite, well discs are discs, apart from the new AP and performance friction discs they are all pretty much of a muchness, so you can use any pads that are the right size and shape.

Not herd about blueprint, as long as they are for road used they should be fine. personally i would reccomend mintex m1144..

hmmm

stay well away from Blueprint pads mate...they are absolutely useless at hi speeds. Will try and get some Mintex pads now :)

geetee

oh rite, well discs are discs
errm - except some don't dissipate heat as well as others due to the metal compound, oh and those vented ones with better designed vanes that shift the heat even quicker, oh and those with a compound less prone to ridging, wearing, warping and cracking.

But yeh - they're all the same.

Just off to but some standard discs then. :? Might get some standard pads whilst I'm there too - they look the same, so they must be just as good as these overpriced aftermarket jobs.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)