Miss Fire urgent help

Stevo

Hi all.

Got my R finally back on the road after 6 months, i had no leaks at all.
changed fuel filter plugs leads oils etc before it came off the road.

Took it to work today and all fine, went out ust now high boost full throttle and got a wee miss fire and bang bang. came of throttle and drove normally with no problems.

What could of caused this? ive order a walbro 255 pump as i had same problem on my RS which was down to fuel pump.
Im worried sumfink might be majorally wrong

OZ-Racing

If I've been pottering about like a granny, then suddenly boot it for the first time that journey, I get a slight stutter and a pop. :shock:
From that point onwards, all is well :?

It has always done this. I just put it down to the management system needing a couple of seconds to prepare for lift-off :p

I would be interested to know whether there is something wrong with this behaviour and if there is a required / quick fix.

Stevo

mine always pops and bangs when cold when changing gear when cold.
but never had it miss when on throttle.

ill take plugs out and check them but just worried, maybe something needs changing after being off road for 6 months??

J

Jamz

I get that when cornering hard with less than half a tank of fuel :wink:

B

Brett G

Its more than likely a fuel or ignition problem than a major one to be honest, especially if it wasn't doing it before. I had the same sort of problem when I upped the boost but mine was down to the leads. I got some standard Nissan ones and they fit so much better than the gimmicky ones i had on there.... All is well since then :wink: I hope it stays that way :roll:

Brett

daz

mine used to do this when on full throttle turns out it was the coil breaking down and eventually it popped when under full load high up in the rev range and just stopped and would not start swapped the coil for my spare one, and started first time. so i then ordered brand new coil from nissan(not cheap) and all was fine never did it again hope this helps

I

IrishR

Mine does the same ... if i floor it coming out of a junction it Pops and bangs with a puff of grey smoke but when I let off and go back on it is fine.. Would love to know exactly what is causing it...

daz

trust me its the coil and new from nissan they are about 164 quid :shock: plus nissan have changed the part number so they may have sorted the problems out with them