miss shift

Spikey

I just miss shifted into 2nd rather than 4th :(:(:(:(
And now it sound like a subaru. I could still just about drive home with stutter but no boost at all. thought first i may blew a intercooler pipe but cant see anything Its dark and the torch did not show any visible damage. Even the oil pressure seems fine. What to do next?

Braveheart

Sorry to sound all doom but that may not be good.... you may have dropped a valve or something from cylinder head area. Scooby sound on GTiR may indicate that you are only running on 3 cylinders.... hopefully nothing has found it's way into turbo... fingers crossed is a vacumn hose.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry to hear it. Check your basics first before panicing. There are many things that can stop a cylinder firing.

Spikey

Engine runs fine on idle no noise or stutter. so dont thinks its a intercooler pipe. just as you rev it, it starts to stutter and sound like its running on 3 Cylinders. blown injector? ill do a compression test and take rocker cover off might see more...

vss irvine

take the rocker cover off first and check the rockers and shims, dont run it until youve checked these.

olliecast

As above whip off the rocker and take a look under

Any potential damage is likely to worsen if you keep running it

Good luck!

shroom

Is it in limp mode? You sure you haven't got a split pipe that isn't vissablen take it all off to check and do the fault coden mine sounded fruity like that and had same symptoms,

Spikey

Just taken rocker cover off and rocker arm on Inlet side piston1 has come off. but piston has oil in too. No i think with inlet valve shut it was sucking oil through stem seals? I do have forged pistons in there so hope they have survived :(

bernieGTIR

i did this a few months ago. all i did was replace the rocker arm and a new shim as it broke one of the locating lugs off and a set of rocker stopers then hoped for the best.

hope it all works out m8.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's a bloke selling a box of spares including valves and rocker arms on eBay at the moment.