missing vacuum pipes

nimhbk

Three pipes top left,where does the top one lead to as on mine it is missing, plus the black unit above the fuel filter has two pipes going into the side of it but im missing the pipe from the top nossle, where does that go if anyone can help

PaulB

out of those 3 pipes, 2 of them go into a black breather box in your engine back, near to you fuel filter. The other one goes onto your std blow off valve.

Does anyone know if that gearbox breather has a place to plug into on the back of the inlet manifold? My idles a bit lumpy and wonder if thats why ?!??!?!

Mr GTiR

nimhbk said:
Three pipes top left,where does the top one lead to as on mine it is missing, plus the black unit above the fuel filter has two pipes going into the side of it but im missing the pipe from the top nossle, where does that go if anyone can help
The three pipes in order (top to bottom) on the air chamber:

Top - goes to a T piece in the shape of a "Y". One goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the other goes to the boost pressure sensor located on the inside of the n/s front wing.
Middle - goes to the stock or after market dump valve.
Bottom - goes to the carbon canister (black unit above the fuel filter).

On the carbon canister you have 3 pipes as follows:

Top (thin pipe) - goes to the vac pipe near the throttle position trigger/sensor.
Bottom left - goes to a small hole located in your chassis leg and is vented to atmosphire.
Bottom right goes to the air chamber as described in the above.

PaulB said:
Does anyone know if that gearbox breather has a place to plug into on the back of the inlet manifold? My idles a bit lumpy and wonder if thats why ?!??!?!
The pipe in the picture is actually your transfer box breather pipe and does not plug into anything as it's a breather pipe. It will have nothing to do with your idle. I would check for air leaks if you have a lumpy idel. Does your idle hunt or is just lumpy?

The gearbox breather is located near your dizzy. Both of these pipes should not be blocked in any way shape or form as they are breather pipes.