Mocal Sandwich plate problems!!

boucherie

Went to fit the oil cooler and sandwich plate this afternoon and the stud where the sandwich plate goes onto (between oil filter and engine) is about an inch too short. i presume i now need to purchase some kind of stud extension, but trouble is wheres the best place to get it from (had i have known this before i would have sorted it!?!

I might be tempted to go for an oil filter relocation kit from the states as well and i presume that any sr20det one will fit our cars?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Why are you going to get the oil filter relocation kit from the states when you can get them here in the UK for about £70 all in :der:

boucherie

where bouts in the uk can you get them from then, although my main issue at the min is making the stud longer so i can at least get the oil cooler connected and get the car back on the road!

what have other people done who have fitted oil coolers?!!?!

Shaun

boucherie said:
Went to fit the oil cooler and sandwich plate this afternoon and the stud where the sandwich plate goes onto (between oil filter and engine) is about an inch too short. i presume i now need to purchase some kind of stud extension,
The stud adapter should have come with the sandwich plate mate,presuming your bought it new.

boucherie

i got the kit off a former memebr of this forum, so looks like im going to need the stud adaptor. am i right in thinking that the stud is 3/4"?