Mongoose bad fit

A

Anonymous

I have had my goose fitted for a couple of months, works fine etc and the noise is ok for the track to, 94db.
Only problem is the fitting if I try to get the tail pipe ( 3.5ins) into the right place in the cutout the dam thing hits the rear subframe, I have tried it in several positions but its no good, when its hot it will knock like mad. The only thing I have not tried yet is shorter rubbers ( still using the standard GTIR ones) to lift it higher. At the moment I have to have it pointed down and although it works fine in that position it looks cr ap.
Has anybody had simular experience with this exhaust ?

Nad

Wouldnt bother, havent really seen one R with it centred properly, did throw a zip tie round the mount once to shorten it but didnt last wrong. Dont worry about it and just drive the car.

Nad

LeeSmith

mine fits perfect...using std mounts. no knocks or anything. it doesn't wobble or anything.

has started to burn my bumper though :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Slacken off where the tailpipe joins the centre section and rotate it until it isn't hitting the subframe. Yours is the first one I've heard of doing that, so I'd guess it's down to the fitting.
A few people have problems getting the tail pipe spot on centre in the exhaust cut out, but no major problems. Get some new mounting rubbers if need be. :wink:

T

Tommy

make sure you havent pushed it on to far, or maybe not enough :wink:

MarkTurbo

Nad said:
Does it really matter, u cant see it when ur driving anyway.

Nad
Well said Nad :wink:

The only problem i had with my mongoose was the front pipe rubbing on the underside of the car near the flexi joint, a 3ft long lever bar soon sorted that out though :lol:

LeeSmith said:
has started to burn my bumper though :oops:
What did i say when i did your clutch hose the other day :wink: :mrgreen:

LeeSmith

LOL! I know Mark!!!

I'm trying to find something that I can put between the zorst & bumper but all I can find is max poo stuff

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You should be able to slacken off the join and rotate the rear section slightly to lower it from the bumper. (it may knock it off centre slightly tho :? )

A

Anonymous

After a quick run (on the track) it knocked like a mad. I have rotated it pushed it in and out etc etc etc .... the only thing I have not tried yet is shorter rubbers, will have a go at that on the weekend. At the moment it is centre but angled down.
As for looks it has to look right and go right nothing else will do. fussy sod me.
Thanks for the advice.
Phil