Mongoose Zorst Fitting

H980 Pulsarkid

Hmmmmmm went to fit my goose the other day and er holy shi.t I take it you need a pit or to have the old R up on a set of ramps to get that rear section on ????

:shock: :(moved to tuning-skiddusmarkus

Timur 008

Yep! i wouldn't try to put it on myself :roll: - u need to get it high up in the air.. a bit of a bugger to put on other wise.
but once on 8) :wink:

Mr GTiR

Timur 008 said:
Yep! i wouldn't try to put it on myself :roll: - u need to get it high up in the air.. a bit of a bugger to put on other wise.
lol, even if you jack up the back end high in the air your still can't get it done. Trust me i'll post photographic evidence to back this statement up when i get home tonight!!

Timur 008

thats what i mean.. u need a proper garage to do the work!
..unless you got a proper pit crew with equipment in your garage :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you do a search for "Mongoose" and "fit" you'll find a few threads telling you you have no hope of fitting it without a ramp or pit. :?

H980 Pulsarkid

Mr GTiR said:
Timur 008 said:
lol, even if you jack up the back end high in the air your still can't get it done. Trust me i'll post photographic evidence to back this statement up when i get home tonight!!
I was sure i saw a pic of yours up in the air - in a big way ! Highly dangerous I noticed as well ! lol !

J

jonnyboy

i fitted my goose without a pit or ramp !!
i to tried the jack method :shock: ( no fooking way ) then i was thinking as i am a recovery driver i could put the ass end of my R on the truck and lift it up! still was not having it, so i phoned up a work mate to bring his truck round as well ( front on one truck back on the other) and only just and i mean just got the bastard on. but well worth it :D :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Someone either did or suggested dropping the rear transmission to give you more room.

Keira

Fast Guy said:
If you do a search for "Mongoose" and "fit" you'll find a few threads telling you you have no hope of fitting it without a ramp or pit. :?
you will probably also see the words..

kieron.

next door neighbour.

garage.

5ft deep pit.

:wink:

H980 Pulsarkid

I did think about dropping part of the rear transmission but then thought bugger that !.....I'll chug it down to my mate with a pit i think ! Will sound like a tank tho as only have the front section on ! Wahey ! :lol:

oldaneal

did mine my self on my drive and it wasn't fun the backend of the car was right up in the air with the rear subframe droped. it also rained and snowed and hailed that day

C

chris-b

why? why do you need to drop the subframe etc?
gonna fit one soon ( am a mecahnic) but dont want this agro for a friggin zorst

saying that spent 2 nights putting a goose on my williams clio a couple of years back!
:oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
chris-b said:
why? why do you need to drop the subframe etc?
gonna fit one soon ( am a mecahnic) but dont want this agro for a friggin zorst
You don't if you can get the car about 5ft in the air or have a pit. The problem is the standard exhaust splits above the rear axle so you can just get it out. The goose is about 12-18 inches longer, so it is almost vertical when feeding it over the rear axle. As you'll see if you look under the car it's a good 5ft or so from the axle to the join at the cat.

H980 Pulsarkid

Yeah thats right, if you can imagine that section is shaped almost like a shepherds staff with a hooked end, you need to drop it completely vertical almost to hook that part round then slide it on in there !

Come on Mr GTIR post that pic as I was amazed when I last saw that pic, quality DANGEROUS DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY oh and wear your gloves way of doing it ! :lol: