More Brake Problems

billy187

Was out in the R tonight to test the brakes out and they seem pretty poor....im using the wilwood 4 pot calipers with mintex pads and just had brand new rear discs put on but the car doesnt like hard braking atall, im having to brake alot earlier to make sure i stop otherwise dont know where i would end up....Was only running the car on 1 bar aswell so 370bhp and the brakes seemed pretty scary....not even risked turning it up to 1.4 bar yet eventhough its mapped for it and gives out 400bhp....so what could it be? is it just that the wilwoods are crap and i should look for something better or is their a problem somewhere? the brakes have had the braided hoses done aswell....

any help really appreciated guys

billy

P

pulsarboby

gtir_pimp said:
have you bled the system properly?

make you right there;-) they should be in a different class to standard stoppers so theres a prob somewhere.
either there not bled properly! or something else isnt working as it should do, ie servo or master cylinder

make sure the calipers are bled from the top nipples, the bottoms are just fixed and shouldnt be touched.

billy187

will give that a go today then and let u know how i get on, ive only just bought the car a couple of months ago and the wilwoods were allready on there......any tips on how to bleed the wilwoods properly?

also im gonna change the pads on these aswell, what am i best of going for? For road use but occasional track use so hard braking....anyone using the actual wilwood pads?

thanx for the help guys

Last edited:

youngsyp

Imran187 said:
Can anyone recommend what pads to order for these calipers then?
Depends what you use the car for, your driving style.....

A good fast road pad would be the Mintex M1144.
Something that will take slightly more punishment would be the Mintex M1155.

I believe the Willword range of pads are pretty good too and the Poly Q sticks in my mind for some reason ?!

Paul

billy187

yeh ive heard about the wilwood pads, been recommended to go for either the poly Q or E so might give one of these a try....anyone on here used any of these?

Car is used for mainly road use but do sometimes do quite abit of hard braking....

Last edited:

billy187

so i shouldnt bother with poly q then?

thats weird though as im using mintex at the moment and eventhough ive taken the pads out and checked them, they have loads of life left in them i get sparks from them, even had a random fella come running up to me once to tell me my car was on fire :p