more power 4 my sunny!!!!!!!!!! help

D

Darrell

hi i very new 2 all this but i recently aquired a 96 sunny 1.6sr!!!! after drivin quick cars this is a bit....... well alot slower!!!!! will a 2.0L ENGINE FIT????? which type an is it a case of changin everythin???? plzz help thanx Darrell. staggdarrell@hotmail.com:-D :thumbsup:

A

AJ4

Hey bud, I'm afraid you posted this at exactly the wrong time so I'll be naughty and nice.

If you want a serious answer, dont use 'txt speak', it makes you look like a 14 year old schoolboy.

This is a Nissan Gtir forum, you would probably get a much better and more informative answer on a dedicated 'Sunny' forum. Not many people here will have experience of fitting, say, a 2.0 litre engine in as they already have one ;)

What model is the Sunny ? our model is an 'N14'. If yours isn't, their is little chance it would be a straight swap without some serious work, our engines are transverse with 4 wheel drive, so you'd probably be better looking at the 200SX engine and box ( 2WD ) or the Sunny Gti 2.0l model ( non-turbo ).

Sorry thats not much help...

A

andrew

Hi mate, yes you can fit the 2.0 gti engine into the sunny 1.6sr, it goes straight in.
You can even fit the 2.0 gti-r turbo engine into the sunny sr.

i had an sr some years back, fun car but not much you can do to it power wise
exhaust, filter, ectoek valve, power boost valve

the sunny 2.0 gti is a much better power plant to start moddifiying from.

There is a guy who comes to ace cafe meet in west london who has a sunny 1.6sr with gti-r bodykit, he has fitted a 2.0 gti engine into his front wheel drive 1.6 sr

I had a gti-r for some years too before i sold it.
Just to note if you don't already know the gti-r is a 4x4 2.0 turbo 220-227bhp

the sunny fwd 1.6sr 16v 103 bhp.

the sunny gti is fwd 2.0 143bhp

After i sold my gti-r i got a nissan sunny fwd 2.0 gti, now i have the gti-r engine inside it quite an easy conversion but you need a few bits to upgrade too.

Loving it front wheel drive power soon to be at 300bhp once fully mapped