More power!

OK I need more power, have already got induction kit, exhaust, dump valve and front mount intercooler. Am looking at boost controller (apex-i), uprated fuel pump (any suggestions?), and new plugs. Have I overlooked anything (other than clutch) and does it need to be set up on a rolling road or just 'bolted' on? Any help owuld be great.

J

J-GTi-R

For the fuel pump, the Walbro is a favourite

It's pretty much plug and play, but only to about 1 bar, beyond that you should really start looking at some kind of fuel controller, which will mean a set-up.

Keira

I've got the avcr,

In hindsight i wish i'd got a profec b :( Havn't heard a bad word from anyone whos got one.

cheers, think 1bar or just over should be enough, don't wanna go too far, how much is the profec b? haven't heard of it, is it just a boost controller?

Keira

Think its cheaper than the avcr, Its probably the best boost controller you can get, never heard a bad word about it in previous posts or from people who've got one.

The avcr may look nice 8) but from what i can gather the profec does the job better.

Just do a search. 8)

B

Ben Chandler

I've got the same spec as you mate. I've been looking on www.rcdevelopments.com and www.norrisdesigns.com

Have had really good service from ND and have heard good things about RC. I would really like around 330bhp which I think will require me to run around 1.4bar. Would settle for 1bar of boost and hope for 285bhp thou. ND have just had a new rolling road installed, reckon it'd be well worth having the fueling/timing checked after uping the boost :wink:

Davey

m8, as far as i can see, a boost controller, is a boost controller, just get the one that you like the look of the most, a lot of peeps run 1 bar on a bleed valve(although i wouldnt personally)also, i wouldnt have a boost controller without a (digital) display,or a decent aftermarket boost gauge, just so you can keep an eye on whats going on :D

C

caz

reckon it'd be well worth having the fueling/timing checked after uping the boost
decent aftermarket boost gauge, just so you can keep an eye on whats going on
Two very sound, reasonably cheap bits of advice