More Power

Stevo

Right what can i do to get more power without major engine work for now.

So far i have 308bhp on a standard engine.

i have straight through bore zorst, unichip aircone boost control @ 1.1 bar AP organic clutch.

If i fit a HKS 264 cam how much bhp would i expect to have?

what max boost i can run on standard injectors/turbo?

also how much power can stock pistons take?

im looking into a walbro fuel pump to.

Thanks guys.

GINGA

Get the fuel pump first it'll be on its limits as it is :shock:
hmm cams its open to debate whether they will actually make that much difference or not :? chances are if you drive mainly on the road it probably wouldn't be worth it :(
As for more boost this all depends on whether your willing to risk it blowing or not :?:
the stock turbo, injectors and maf will all be pretty much at their limit at 1.3-1.4bar
If you want to risk it you can run upto 1.4bar ish on the std setup preferably with a fmic and water injection this can give you upto 350bhp which is nice 8) but obviously you'll be running right on the edge :wink:

Stevo

ok thanks for that, what about just turning boost up to 1.2 bar will that cause any probs?
as i was told standard injectors arent good for 1.2 bar upwards :?

Mr GTiR

I know no two engine are the same but my mate has a Unichip which is mapped to perfection at 1.1 bar and he got 342bhp out of his.

The only other things he has to your spec is 264 HKS cams, R33 front mount, Walbro 255 fuel pump and an uprated fuel pressure regulator.

PM unclewinet for more info :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Cams can be very expensive to fit if your valves need reshimming(I needed all 16),so I'd look at other ways of raising the power if money is an issue.A 1 or 2 psi boost increase will see similar peak gains to cams.