MOT fail

LJ

Car failed MOT on emissions, not sure on reading but bloke said computer came up with lambda?? Does that mean my sensors faulty? It is definately running rich as when on idle it smells real strong and actually made the testers eyes water!The car is behaving a bit weird on idle as well it revs on its own until warmed up between 1000 and 2500 rpm (get some interesting looks at traffic lights LOL).
Also it has a blitz ecu and increased fuelling apparantly.

Suggestions much appreciated as the car has to go in the next couple of weeks to pay for my house deposit!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Could be the maf playing up.
Do a fault code check to see if anything comes up first. Then you might need to check the maf connections/grounging out.

Other things to consider are replacing the cat, water sensor playing up, lambda sensor playing up.

LJ

Ok cheers, it has no cat on it though, full goose.
Was told the import doesn't need one?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It needs to pass the basic emmissions test (<3.5%) mine does with a full decat.
If you can smell the fuel, then MAF or Lambda sensor should be top of the list.

bawsack

Selling Up..
some garages are really arsy about cats.ive had countless mot failers due to no cat,check with the garge before hand to let them no thats what ive done latley
also there was a thing posted about this before will try and find it or there was a guy on here who had a document he kept on him **** nos who it was tho.

dobby

bawsack said:
some garages are really arsy about cats.ive had countless mot failers due to no cat,check with the garge before hand to let them no thats what ive done latley
also there was a thing posted about this before will try and find it or there was a guy on here who had a document he kept on him **** nos who it was tho.
wasn't it for a car for sale on here months ago?