MOT today! :(

warringtonjack

Well, the R has failed an MOT for the first time in the 3 n half years i've had it. :(

Bit of welding needed near the passenger seatbelt anchor point and a corroded rear brake pipe. Oh, and 3 bulbs gone :oops::doh::lol::lol:. So all in all, not too bad. All will be done this week ready for another year, which will hopefully see some proper progress! :thumbsup:

And, as if not having the R wasnt enough, my 406 chugger split a hose and dumped all the coolant, so I've had to drop down to third choice, the birds Ibiza 130TDi! ;) :thumbsup:

nimhbk

find someone you know fella, dread to think what mine would of failed on if i had took it someone i dont know, my tracking rods are gone for a start, and i dont have a cat, or a washer bottle to say the least, and she still passed, mot stations have got silly over the passed couple of years

PaulB

nimhbk said:
dread to think what mine would of failed on if i had took it someone i dont know, my tracking rods are gone for a start
Wouldnt you rather drive around in a car you knew was safe for the sake of a few quid !!?!?

nimhbk

its still on the safe side, just lol..... the guy that does my car has every other month, and if it was dangerous he would not of passed it, all im saying is`mot centre's will rob you dry, for silly things

Animaldaz

So if a seagull dumps its load onto your windscreen when your speeding down the road how the feck you gonna wash it off, thats safe is it.

N

Nik_GTI-R

An MOT means he-haw.Its just a ticket to keep it on the road legally for a year.U cud drive out the testing station and a bulb could blow or the likes.Or 2 weeks later something major could break and youll not know about it.So all this talk about getting mates to do it is just as good as getting an MOT station to do it 100% by the book.Except the latter usually screws u big time.