mounting problem

recaro18

Im trying to mount the oil cooler behind the passanger side brake duct but it doesnt seem to want to fit, i have huge intercooler piping going through it and it seems to tight and the bumper wont go back on with it there, i havent got any space behind the grill or in between radiator and intercooler due to radiator moved due to huge tubby, so is there anyother place it can be mounted?

if mounted on the bottom of the car, not low enough to catch speedbumps etc would this be a good place for airflow?

Richard

boucherie

ive got mine mounted on the original top mount intercooler front bracket. as long as you have a decent amount of flex for the cooler (ie dont make everything too rigid) then you shouldnt have any problems with splitting the cooler. if you want a pic then let me know!

recaro18

A pic would be helpfull please, i did have the oil cooler top mounted before i moved it because was suffering from overheating problems, its a 16row cooler and theres just not much space for it where it can fot and get decent air flow

boucherie

il sort you out a pic tomorrow then! have you thought about locating it on the little ridge above the gearbox and slightly to the right as you look at the engine head on.
its difficult to explain so il send you a pic of that as well!