Pipe wrapped with Thermo Tec Copper Gen2;

Pipe and wrap sprayed with Thermo Tec;

J pipe double coat ceramic;

Not cheap but should do a good job :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpward

Animaldaz said:
how much did the coating on the elbow cost?
Was about £52 two coats with nice nice satin finish done through camcoat in Warrington ask for Peter top bloke

I told him about possible pending elbows as we are unable to wrap them so he will know if you call what turbo elbow you are on about ;-)

@ Dobby what do you mean?

dobby

Animaldaz said:
Might need tacking in place then
Well I said that to an engineer of mine and he said that it will only crack over time.
The latest thing I have done is to use two clamps with two strips of metal inside and when tightened up I bent the ends over the clamps making them into one huge clamp. I can take a picture If you dont see what i mean. the second clamp goes onto the front pipe.

J

jpward

It is good clean 304 Stainless if it is propperly tigged it will not crack especially as there is a whopping great flexi only a few inches away!

Still not sure why it is pulling apart there must be a small difference in dimentions somewhere have you pulled the flexi fully out before installing so that when you fit the two pipes together the flexi shortens a little taking up the slack?

dobby

It seems the pipe just isn't long enough. Before using the two clamps I put in two 3 inch flanges between the cat pipe and am so the slack was taken out but it still slipped. It was driving me up the wall.