My gti-r history

S

samellio 1

Been feeling a bit bored and emotional with the recent depature of my r so thought i'd dedicate a post to my old r's :wink:

My gti-r history:
1st r
Some great memories of this: in my first week of ownership i took it from scotland to dover then down to the south coast of france and back up through belgium to amsterdam for the millenium 8) . Bought with 50k miles sold with 106k miles.. Mods: bleed valve, boost guage, mongoose 1bar boost.. Problems: gearbox bearing destroyed -only due to me being an arce (at 96k) :lol: Car is still going strong and on original engine and turbo probably with 130k+miles :wink:

2nd r
Bought with around 40k miles and had been used as a rally car. Came with vey minor front end damage but had cage, susp, underbody protection, gravel/forest tyres :lol: and was immaculate. The car had obviously been driven very hard but it was typical nissan - solid as fo-k :wink: Covered about 15k with bleed valve boost guage oil cooler and driven very hard with no problems until my friend crashed it with me in and wrote off mine and 2 other cars :roll: Was a really sorted car before it was crashed, slicks, big brakes, cage, susp bushes geometry set up.. Running 1 bar i'd keep up with a 911 gt3rs - they are slow as fo-ok in a straight line :lol:

3rd final and most awesome r :wink:
I bought this as it was my friends car that i'd known for years and had everything done mechanically that would make it reliable for running the nearly 1.6bar of boost round track. The torque/acceleration of the engine
was really quite mindblowing :shock: It almost took the fun out of doing trackdays cause it would destroy most things on the straights.. On the 1/4 mile i could afford to take it easy (or fuchk the launch up :lol:) for most cars as there was enough grunt to tear past them towards the end :wink:
Only poblems i had were a new alternator, and the crank case oil seal -i think - blew after i'd got hi-teq to do all the mapping, boost and lots of other stuff.. Hi-teq took the car back, had engine out, replaced the seal even tho the seal wasn't something that had been touched by them and did all that in about a week without charging me..-brilliant service :wink:
After having the car properly sorted at hi teq it has been running over 1.5 bar everyday and never missed a beat. When on the rollers the operator was very impressed and said that the curves were perfect. Testament to Ians mapping skills :wink:

So that's it :( After all this time being a dedicated gti-r nutter i have finally bought a skyline and have no plans to buy anther gti-r...

Shall still frequent this forum but instead of boring you all with sunny vids it'll be skyline ones :wink: :lol:

Cheers all,

Sam