my new forge dv dont work

A

andrewnorton

i brought a forge dumpvalve and fitted it but it dont dump :cry: i tryed it on another gtir and it worked ....................... iv checked all the pipes on my R and they seem fine but the dv just dont dump the only thing i can here is the acuator chatter any ideas

GTIR-LOZ

what colour spring is in the dump valve, i bought the tuning kit when i got mine and the stonger springs will not open it properly, green or yellow should be fine on 1 bar (these are the weaker ones) anything above that and its too stong for the pressure to open btw what boost are you on

A

Anonymous

yeah mine came with the green spring, and there was no noise. Got the yellow spring and it now makes loads of noise.

Forge will send you one for free if you phone them up

Dan

A

andrewnorton

im only boostin at 0.85 bar just under a bar i dont know what color springs inside i will have a look 2 moro

J

jaigtir

Yeah, i was the same mate, i told them and they sent me a yellow spring straight away,,now loud as hell 8)

A

andrewnorton

it has a blue spring in it so i will give forge a ring 2moro and order a yellow spring thanks for your help boys :D

Mr GTiR

Andy, I thought my mate (Kieran) had a look at it and fixed it for you?

So is it the spring that was the problem?

Andy Chan

S

Sunny Nutter

yeah mine was the same,
I got in touch with forge and the sent me out the yellow jobbie...
I absolutely love how loud the dump is from the forge! :twisted:

GTIR-LOZ

i have the green one, thought that was actually a bit softer than the yellow, but i believe they come as yellow standard, blue is definately the reason why it isnt working, as at 1.15 bar, mine has trouble opening it :? god know what reds for, must be about 3 bar :lol:

J

jaigtir

As gtirloz said its def the blue spring causing the problem as i had the same thing and i was running 0.7bar. even my standard recirculating DV made more noise, lol. Get the yellow spring in there. You will have the biggest grin on ur face the first time u hear it dump :twisted:

F

Forge Motorsport

If you have any issues give us a call .
yellow is the recommended spring

kyepan

becoming tempted to get one of these loud as hell dump valves... my mates always think i am getting wheel spin with the chirping of the standard ones..

it sounds like i have a budgie trapped under my wheel arch.

which ones are the ones to go for - performacne wise?

J

jaigtir

I think the forge one is great,built well, looks top notch, and makes a very nice sound.

A

andrewnorton

im well impressed with forge :D they are sending me a spring in the post :wink:

A

andrewnorton

forge sent me the yellow spring 2day i fitted it then took it out for a spin but................................no dump :cry: what can it be............................... :?: